Apparently Sen. Coburn’s been publishing a book that outlines squandered Tax money every since 2010. He is retiring this year so Govt. Bureaucrats(whoever they are) can relax. Here are some examples:
1. The National Institutes of Health funded a $387,00 study to give mechanized, Swedish messages to rabbits following exercise, to see how it affected their recovery.
2. The Pentagon spent $1 billion to destroy $16 billion worth of surplus munitions–enough to pay the wages of 54,000 Army privates.( GOVT. WASTE IN THE MILITARY BUTGET?)
3. A $856,000 National Science Foundation grant trained mountain lions to run on a treadmill. It promised to “greatly inform public knowledge and opinion of large mammal behavior and conservation
4. DOD PAYS 16 TIMES THE ACTUAL PRICE OF HELICOPTER PARTS: 9 MILLION(PART OF MILITARY BUDGET?) They paid more than $8,000 apiece on helicopter parts that actually cost $500. BELL HELICOPTER OF TEXTRON, INC. RECIEVED $9 MILLION in excess payments from the DOD for 33 of 35 replacement spar parts. (WANT TO CUT DOWN THE MILITARY BUDGET?)
5. the Pentagon spent $1 billion to destroy $16 billion worth of surplus munitions, enough to pay the wages of 54,000 Army privates
AND SO ON: Sen. Coburn’s last remarks: “I have learned from these experiences that Washington will never change itself. But even if the politicians won’t stoop stupid spending, taxpayers always have the last word.” (DO WE? DO WE EVER LET ANYONE KNOW HOW ANGR WE ARE WITH ALL THIS WASTE? WRITE TO YOUR CONGRESSMEN/WOMEN
DO WE REALLY NEED TO CUT THE THINGS WE NEED OUT OF THE MILITARY BUDGET? OR CAN WE LOWER THE COSTS BY CUTTING WASTE. We need an up to date, efficient military, get rid of the waste and I expect some of the head honchos. Tell Bell Helicopter and all the rest of them, WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK.
WOULDN’T WE HAVE MORE MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF THE POOR, IF IT WASN’T BEING SPENT ON GRANTS FOR SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING FOR SEA MONKEYS? $50,000.
IT’S UP TO ALL OF YOU, WRITE OR CALL OR EMAIL YOUR CONGRESSMEN.