Hi All, HAPPY 2018. I WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROFITABLE NEW YEAR.
I realized it’s been quite awhile since I have Blogged. Sorry, it’s been a busy year. I did tell you I would let you know all the good and successful things Pres. Trump has done this past year, and I have a considerable list. But, I came across this article in Newsmax and it was too good to pass up. I hope you see that Pres. Trump is on the right track, for what he promised us and what he hopes to accomplish for our Country. It doesn’t matter if you are a Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, what you should care about is if our Country is “For the People and By the People” as our Founders intended. Only then can we have a successful, and hospitable country for all who live here and come here.
“CAN PRESIDENT TRUMP VANQUISH THE SWAMP?” (AND WHAT HAS HE ALREADY DONE?) Does the Swamp always win?……..Why has the swamp-the ruling class, comprised of elites on all sides of the political spectrum-always dominated, despite repeated attempts by noble patriots to chip away at its monstrous power?
The short answer is that the swamp controls all levers of power, with the capability-and will-to destroy anyone and anything that threatens its grip. It is a perfect embodiment of Lord Acton’s warning that power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.—————————————————The ruling class long dined out on its rotten status quo-until the election of a president who is not of, by, and for the swamp, who owed it nothing and did not fear it.
Donald Trump proved to be a potent crusher of political correctness and the elite vanguard, one who promised to smash their corrupt existing order. Upend the hierarchy. Overturn the money changer;s tables. Make the comfortable uncomfortable. Make representative government representative again. Make it earn the consent of the governed by earning back the trust of the people. And in so doing, he promised to RESTORE RESPECT FOR THE CONSTITUTION, WITH GOVERNMENT IN ITS PROPER PLACE, AND MAKE AMERICAN ECONOMIC GROWTH REACH ITS FULL POTENTIAL. TO, YES, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. ……………………………………….Make no mistake: The ruling class doesn’t just want to undercut his policy agenda or even just remove him from office. They want the man in prison. Not the local clink, either. Federal prison. Hence the appointment of an “independent counsel” ….They want to void his lawful election and ruin him, and his family, and top advisers. And his supporters, his voters, everyone on Team Trump from the president on down must be discredited and yes, destroyed.
To the establishment this president as an alien organism, which has been injected into the body politic by the American people, and, like any alien organism, he has provoked the antibodies of the swamp enemy, which are furiously attacking him.
TO HIS GREAT CREDIT, Trump has, in his first year, won significant battles in this existential war:
- Justice Neil Gorsuch now sits on the Supreme Court. Further, as Kimberly Strassel in The Wall Street Journal has pointed out, the president is also quietly transforming the federal judiciary, “stocking the courts with a class of brilliant young textualists.”
- Thanks to Trump’s rollback of well over 800 suffocating Obama-era regulations on everything from healthcare to coal to DODD-FRANK, the stock market has reached all-time highs, and consumer confidence hit the highest peak since 2000. Mortgage applications have reached a seven year high, unemployment hit a 16 year low, and American manufacturing is rebounding due to major investments from companies such as Ford, Foxconn, Intel and Toyota.
- Illegal border crossings fell by nearly 70 percent as his administration began to move on border wall construction and against unlawful sanctuary cities.
- By granting the U.S. military a freer hand in the fight against the Islamic State, Trump oversaw its dramatic rout in Syria and Iraq in just eight months-something Obama could not or would not do over several years.
- Trump instituted new restrictions on lobbying.
- He initiated the renegotiation of NAFTA and withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Paris Climate Agreement to protect U.S. jobs and sovereignty, and he authorized construction of the Keystone and Dakota pipelines.
- His administration began putting education policy back where it belongs: in the hands of the states.
- In his first six months alone, Trump’s growth friendly policies created well over a million jobs, and over his first year, he repealed on the average 16 regulations for every new on put in place.————————–
- Republican leadership in Congress failed twice to deliver on the party’s long-standing promise to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, which is predictably collapsing under its own weight, leaving millions more Americans without affordable, accessible coverage. Given the legislative failures of his own party, Trump began to dismantle aspects of the disaster using his pen and phone
- Not bad for a president who has never served in government before and who accomplished much of this without the help of a Congress controlled by his own party (many of whom, as card-carrying members of the swamp, are gleefully working against him).—————————————————————————
- This war against the swamp is bigger than Trump. It’s a once-in a lifetime shot at neutralizing the ruling class long enough to bring America back to its foundational principles of individual liberty, free market capitalism, and the rule of law. It’s about freeing the country from the stranglehold of elites and putting the real power back where the founders intended: with the people. In his first year, Trump has experienced the unprecedented wrath of the ruling class, whose power has been imperiled like never before. This is why in year two, he must redouble his efforts to protect and advance the movement he’s spearheading.
- BUT JUST AS HE MUST DO HIS PART, WE MUST DO OURS. The swamp is a powerful thing, but it’s not the most powerful thing. It can only really be disarmed by “we the people.” By the choices we make, the leaders we support, and the things for which we fight.
- …………..Trump may not be perfect, but in the words of former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfield, you go to war with the army and the leader, that you have. Trump has made mistakes as all presidents do, but he remains dauntless in the face of the barrage, and for that, he deserves tremendous gratitude and support. As the president has discovered, you’re only taking flak if you’re over the target. Trump is over the target.
- This is the moment that will determine if there will truly be an American Reformation. If the swamp succeeds in destroying this president’s agenda, we may never get another opportunity to change the nation’s trajectory But if he succeeds, we could experience a “MORNING IN AMERICA” that will make Reagan’s legendary era of reform and optimism pale in comparison. By: Monica Crowley. (you can read the whole article on line under http://www.newsmax.com.———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-OK FOLKS: you decide what kind of America do you want? I have many more accomplishments by Trump for this past year, a good many for the VA and our Veterans which I will list next time. As far as I can see everything Pres. Trump has accomplished is good for this country and it’s people. If you agree, support him and what he is trying to do, and ignore the swamp and its news media. Unless you are part of the swamp or consider yourself and ELITE? It doesn’t mater what you are: Republican, Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, what maters is what kind of America do you want? And will you give Pres Trump the chance to give us the America our Founders envisioned: For the People and By the People.